Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Pout-Pout Fish!


If you're looking for the cutest book ever to read to your kids (up to 8/9), The Pout-Pout Fish is definitely the book for you. I'm the nanny to a 6-year-old reluctant reader and she just loves this book. It's repetitive and a bit sing-songy, but tons of fun! There are a few big words in the book, but when I read to A I always explain what words mean if she doesn't know them so it also gives you a chance to teach your child something new. The illustrations are wonderfully done and the rhyme scheme is catchy! It's A's new bedtime favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words about The Pout-Pout Fish. How wonderful to know that the 6-year-old you care for likes it! A book doesn't truly come alive until it has someone to enjoy it, so please tell her Thank You from me for reading it.

    Best Fishes to you both!
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah -

    Thanks for taking the time out of your, I'm sure BUSY day, to comment! I think I have The Pout-Pout Fish memorized as many times as A makes me read it, and she still loves it!!

    ReplyDelete